Tortillias with crab cakes
Catering recipe: Tortillias with crab cakes – 36 crab cakes, serves 4-9
Preperation time: approx. 45 minutes
- Cut the onions into coarse pieces. Cut the stems of the coriander. Puree together in the food processor.
- Drain the crabmeat well and tip into the stand mixer bowl. Add the pureed onion, egg, breadcrumbs, olive oil and herbs. Mix until firm.
- Shape into 36 crab cakes with a small ice cream scoop. Bake these in the oven at 200˚C on a baking tray lined with baking paper for 25 minutes until golden brown and still creamy inside.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the coriander leaf.
- Fill the tortillas with the crab cakes, corn kernels, pickled red onion, coriander leaf and, if desired, some jalapeno slices.
- Serve 2 or 3 crab cakes per tortilla, and 2 to 3 tortillas per serving.
- The crab cakes can be regenerated and/or kept warm in the steam oven if desired.
This catering recipe was developed for Deepblue by Emma van der Deijl (Em’s real food)