TORTILLIA WITH CRAB BAKES
Catering recipe: Tortillia with crab cakes – for 36 crab cakes, enough for 4-9 place settings. Preparation time: about 45 minutes
- Cut the onion into coarse pieces. Cut the stems of the coriander. Puree together in the food processor.
- Let the crab drain well and pour it into the stand mixer. Add the mashed onion, egg, breadcrumbs, olive oil and spices. Mix to a firm dough.
- Shape 36 crab cakes with a small ice cream ball tongs. Bake these in the oven at 200 degrees on a baking tray lined with baking paper for 25 minutes until golden brown and still creamy inside.
- In the meantime, finely chop the coriander leaf.
- Prepare the tortillas with the crab cakes, corn kernels, pickled red onion, coriander leaves and jalapeño pepper if desired.
- Serve 2 to 3 crab cakes per tortilla, and 2 to 3 tortillas per cover.
- The crab cakes can be regenerated and/or kept warm in the steam oven if desired.
This catering recipe was developed for Deepblue by Emma van der Deijl (Em’s real food).